Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Visit to Utah 7-19,20 2011

I made a visit to Utah this week. Brock arranged a surprise birthday party at As You Wish Pottery for his wife Carrie. It was fun to go there and celebrate with Carrie and paint some salt and pepper shakers. It was fun to see what everyone else did. Afterward we had dinner at Red Robin. I stayed at the Country Inn & Suits in Bountiful. Chelsi stayed with me so I wasn't alone. The next morning Chelsi and I met my niece, Ashley, at the Gateway. We had a day of shopping ahead of us. Of course the Gateway was the perfect place to start. For lunch, Ashley wanted to try a new restaurant. It is called the Blue Lemon. It is located just across the Plaza from Deseret Book in downtown Salt Lake City. Brock met us there. Brock took this picture at the Blue Lemon. That is me, Chelsi and Ashley. This was a great pick. The food was different and very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. After lunch we went to the French Bakery in the Grand America Hotel. Wow! This was a fun place to visit. The cupcakes were good too. We continued our shopping at a place called Gygi. It is a kitchen supply place. It has the cutest cupcake papers, along with many other treasures. Our final shopping stop was the Fashion Place Mall. What can I say, that is just a great place to shop. For dinner, we met Kathryn and Kirk at the Cheesecake Factory. I just had a great time hanging out with my family. Ashley's husband, Jordan, Hailey and Hannah were there too.
Later Chelsi and I went to Brock and Carrie's and played "Bang". I am still learning the game, but it is alot of fun to play. Then Chelsi and I went back to the hotel and watched the movie "Ratatouille" I had never seen it before. It was a cute show.

Thursday morning Chelsi and I went back to the Gateway to check out one last shop, Antropology. Jackpot! I found some really cute shirts on sale! This was a great trip. Spending time with family, eating good food and shopping.

1 comment:

ashley mikell said...

What a fun shopping day! I loved spending time with you and Chels!