Friday, July 22, 2011

Garden update 7-21-11

Just look at our garden! It is coming along very nicely. I told Clinton that I would weed the garden, but he won't let me. He seems to really enjoy doing it. Who ever thought vegetables could be so exciting!?Farmer Clinton taking care of his crops.
We picked the cauliflower tonight. It tasted really good dipped in Chiz' ranch dressing.
We have two heads of broccoli coming.
This green leaf lettuce is going crazy! I can't keep up with it. I picked 9 bags last night and shared with our neighbors.
I can't wait for the red potatoes to be ready. Nothing better than new peas and potatoes!
The peas, beets and carrots are looking good. I can't wait to bottle pickled beets.
Just look at the beans and onions, Wow!
We have two zucchini plants.
The read leaf lettuce is almost ready to pick
This is one of Brock and Carrie's spaghetti squash plants, they are going crazy too! There are two.
I'm excited for the acorn squash. I wonder how many we will get? I have been wanting a garden for so long, I am thrilled with how well it is doing. I can't wait for the harvest!

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Wow! What a beautiful garden. I haven't had one for a long time now and I miss it. It's like watching a miracle happen, from seed to plant to pantry.

little pink moth said...

Sad to say no garden here. We are melting under all this heat. When we got back from Maine all my potted plants were dead. Love seeing your living ones!