Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Goodbye Uncle Dean 4-28-15

Uncle Dean has passed away.  He lived a very long and amazing life.  He was 93.  I love funerals.  I love to hear about the person who passed and learn more about their life.  I love how the family rallies around and we get to spend time with them.  It is a family reunion.  We were able to reconnect with Denay Burrie ( his daughter-in-law) and his grand children (Robert, Richard, Shelley, Val and their families.  The funeral was lovely, the weather was nice and the meal was delicious.  It was a great day.  The picture is of Amanda Tow (one of Dean's great-granddaughters) playing Taps on her saxaphone.  Shelley and her family stayed at our house during this time.  It was wonderful to get to know her family better.  We will miss Uncle Dean.  I am grateful for the knowledge that I have to know where Uncle Dean is and that we will see him again someday.  This is so comforting.

No comments: