Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bowling 2-16-12

     Today I went bowling, like I do every Thursday.  This is one hobby that I really enjoy.  I figured it out, I have been bowling since my daughter Chelsi was 1 year old.  She is 21, and I took two years off when I moved to Arizona, so I have been bowling for 17 years.  When I started my average was just 102.  Now I am right around 150.  It is nice to see I have improved.  My all time high game has been 236.                                   When I came back from Arizona, I immediately got a team going again.  Pam Blackburn, Michelle Parkinson and Jody Andreasen is our 4th member.  I have notice that not bowling for 2 years has taken its toll.  At the first of this year my average was in the 120's.  Now that we are half way through the season I am back to were I was before I left.  I feel like my old self again.  Today was the best day yet.  I bowled a 172, 150 and 182.  I had a 509 series.  This was awesome!
     For Christmas I got some new bowling shoes.  My old ones were 19 years old and the sole finally came off.  I have loved being on the Early Risers League this year.  I like being good at something.  This has been alot of fun.

No comments: