Thursday, June 30, 2011

Island Park & Yellostone Park June 24, 25th, 2011

We ran away for the weekend to Island Park. We stayed at the Madison Arm Resort by Hebgen Lake. It was a great RV Park, just about 15 minutes out of West Yellowstone. Here is our lovely campsite.
On Saturday we spent the day in Yellowstone Park. We saw some amazing sights. I will show you just a few. Clinton is standing in front of a bubbling hot springs at Artists Paintpot.
I am at the viewpoint at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It was an amazing sight!
Old Faithful is always a favorite.
These Bison were right by the road. Very Cool!
We saw this lone elk right by the road also. After seeing these impressive animals, I told Clinton I would love to see a bear. He said he saw and fed them from his car all the time when he was a child. I have never seen one in Yellowstone Park. The amazing thing is, just up the road from this elk, we saw a bunch of cars pulled over so we stopped to see what the excitement was. We got such a surprise when we saw the black bear just across the river. A very nice lady let me look through her binoculars for a close up view. I was so excited to finally see a bear in Yellowstone Park. I didn't get a picture because he was too far away. It was awesome!
Saturday night, we went to the Playmill Theater. We saw the play "High School Musical". It was such a cute show. The fun thing was, Sarah Parkinson, one of Chelsi's good friends, was in the show. Afterward we got a picture with her. We had a great weekend!

No comments: