Monday, June 27, 2011

New Window and Door 6-24-11

Today is an exciting day! Our new living room window and sliding glass door are now installed! It has already made a big difference in keeping the house cooler. Let me show you the process.The living room window before the change. It was a sun magnet! The living room was so hot in the afternoon and evening, nobody wanted to go into the oven.
During the change, so weird to see the window coming out.
This window was so heavy.
Oh, look! Here comes the new window.
I love the look of the new window! The breeze that now comes in is so refreshing!
The window in the kitchen/dining room. They took just the sheet rock off at first so we could find the electrical wire. Tyson came over and rerouted it so they could cut through the wall.
I was in the bathroom doing my hair and when I walked out there was this huge hole in my wall! It was so weird to see this.
The worker is installing the sliding glass door.
It looks awesome and different! It gives the kitchen a whole new look. We can't wait for the deck and many BBQ's to come! The response we have gotten has been "Why didn't Mom & Dad do this a long time ago?"

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

I had that very same window in my old house and loved it.
And...of course you needed a sliding door there. Perfect!