Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Club

These treats were divine!
I am in a Book Club. I just love to read. Last night these fun ladies and I got together at my house to discuss "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. We decided it was a good book, a mystery and a love story all wrapped into one. I enjoyed it enough that I didn't mind that t was over 500 pages. Because the book was set in England, and everyone has to have "tea", I decided to serve Lemon Scones, with Lemon Curd and Devonshire Cream (all made from scratch). The drink, of course was Hot Chocolate with a touch of cinnamon (also made from scratch). I even used my Grandma Barrett's teacups and saucers. We had a great discussion of the book and then talked and laughed until late. No wonder I love Book Club!
The ladies that came were Tiffany Thomas, Melissa Morse, Linda Spezia, Mitzi Hancock, Leslie Wright, Kathy Lorenzana, Ellie Pace, Carla Hansen, Wendy Morejon and Me. We had one guest, it was Millie, my mother-in -law.

3 comments:

little pink moth said...

Rochelle, I'm glad you liked the book! It was one of my favorites.

thorkgal said...

Oh Fun!!!
My mom has been in a book club since... I can remember. (They are starting to die off now.) You should keep a list of books you love on your blog somewhere so we can refer to them. :)

ashley mikell said...

ooh have you read the poisonwood bible? i read it for my book club.