Saturday, February 19, 2011

Millie

This is my mother-in-law,Millie. She is a spunky, thoughtful, classy lady. Tyson said it best "You always know where you stand with her, but you always know she loves you!" We have been blessed to have Millie staying with us the last three weeks of her life here in Arizona. She has not felt her best and even had a four day stay in the hospital. When she got out, she started acting like the Millie I know. On Thursday, February 17, 2011, she got up that morning and asked "what are we going to do today?" I told her anything she wanted. We drove to Sun City and got her hair done. Then for lunch we ate at In n Out Burger. We started our shopping at Joanne's Fabric Store. As we were driving to the next store, a minute or two away, we were chatting. As I parked I told her I wanted to go into TJ Max. No response, when I looked at her she was nodding as if she were sleeping. I tried to get her attention a few more times and asked if she was ok. When she answered speaking slurred and gibberish, I knew something was wrong and thought she is having a stroke. I rushed her to the hospital in 15 minutes and they gave her the best care until she passed away 9 hours later. I am going to miss her. I have always appreciated her thoughtfulness towards me, my children, my family and friends. This picture was taken October 30, 2011 the day Tyson and Courtnie were sealed in the Temple.
This is Millie's purse, the #1 necessary accessory for any shopping trip!
Some of Millie's favorite shops
Here are Millie's rings and watch. I had the nurse take them off right after she passed away. I plan to put them on when we dress her next week. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with Millie. I am grateful that her and I were on good terms when she passed. I have come to recognize her as a daughter of God who has many wonderful talents she shared so freely with all of us. I look forward one day when I get to see her again.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

Sorry for your loss. :(
My mother in law is no longer with us, but I'm grateful for the wonderful example of love and acceptance that she gave me.