Sunday, November 30, 2014

Young Women in Excellence November 23, 2014

     Sunday, November 23rd, was our Young Women in Excellence Program.  It was an interesting experience planning for and presenting this program.  Tammy Gee ( Personal Progress Leader), Stacy Roberts (Laurel Class President) and I were in charge.  Stacy wanted to complete a 10 hour project for Divine Nature, so our theme is "Be Your Own Kind of  Beautiful" and Stacy was in charge.  She came to our first meeting with alot of Great ideas, so we used them. We were each given assignments and had several meeting to report back and keep moving ahead with more things to do.  At one point, the three of us were to get together to make some necklaces.  It appeared that Stacy dropped the ball and didn't show.  I was ready to give her a "talkin to" when I saw her the next day.  Instead, she found me and explained what had happened and made it right by setting a new day to get together.  I feel that was a great learning experience for both of us.  In the end everything turned out beautiful.  The program ran smoothly, and Stacy conducted very professionally.  It turned out to be a very nice event.


     During the program, Tammy Gee gave out awards to the girls and I received my Honor Bee!  It looks great with my Young Women's Medallion!
     I found out how supportive Clinton was because he came because I was getting an award.  I didn't even ask him.  He has been so supportive the whole time I have had the calling of Young Women's President.  It is a very big calling, I do enjoy the girls and serving them.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive husband and to have the opportunity to get to know these great girls.

No comments: