Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Conference Weekend 10-1-11

This Conference Weekend we went to Utah to take some treasures to Chelsi. She is now the lucky owner of "the Loveseat". This belonged to Grandma Millie. She also got one of Grandma's lamp tables and a TV. Before we left town on Friday, Clinton found out he had to make a service call to a farmer in Holebrook, Idaho. Luckily it was on the way. He said it would take him a while so I needed to take a book with me. This book is one I have had for awhile and finally got to read it. He was right, it took awhile and I finished half of the book while I was waiting for him. I finished the book Saturday night in the hotel room waiting for him to finish cleaning the Conference Center with Brock. (Brock's Stake had the assignment to clean that night). I enjoyed the book, but the ending was not the happiest.
On Saturday I watched Conference at Brock and Carrie's apartment. Between sessions Brock, Carrie, Chelsi and I went fabric hunting. I was looking for some cute flannel to make a receiving blanket and two burps for their baby that is coming in January. This is what we found. It is so soft and cute for a baby boy.
After the second session Carrie, Chelsi and I went to Gardner Village to look around in their fun shops and then met Paula, her girls and friends for dinner at the restaurant there.
On Sunday, after we watched the morning session of Conference, Brock drove Clinton, Chelsi and me to Temple Square. We were hoping to get into the afternoon session of Conference.
Chelsi and I are standing in line. Sad to say, the Conference Center was full so we did not get in. Brock came back and picked us up and we watched in their apartment. Then had a delicious dinner. We also played a really fun game called "Bang".
We stayed over on Monday. Clinton met with some people for business. So this morning we had breakfast at a Diners, Drive-In's and Dive's place. It is called the Blue Plate Diner. Then he dropped me off at the Gateway while he conducted business. We had a great weekend!

3 comments:

little pink moth said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't believe Brock and Carrie's baby is coming so soon. Time flies!

Hailey -K- said...

wow rochelle, that dress looks really familiar.. ahaha(:

thorkgal said...

We had an extra ticket to conference Sunday afternoon. We gave it away. :(