Sunday, August 7, 2011

Starting a week of harvest with more to come

The harvest time has come. I am so excited that our garden has exceeded our expectations. It is the best garden we have ever had. I picked these peas and Kaden and Emma helped me snap them.
The zucchini has gone crazy. Every other day there is at least one as big as my arm. I am grating it for later use in the yummy banana, zucchini, chocolate chip bread.
This is the first picking of the red leaf lettuce.
This green leaf lettuce has also gone crazy. To date I have given away 18 bags of lettuce. Lucky for me we had homemaking night on Thursday and I took 9 bags there and shared with the ladies.
I was lucky to find raspberries and ordered 3 flats. Millie had huckleberries in the freezer and this is the result. I just love raspberry, huckleberry jam.

No comments: