Sunday, November 4, 2012

Harry Potter Party!!! 10-30-12

Our Young Women group had a Harry Potter Party!  It was the funnest party ever!!  I have to admit that I am a huge Harry Potter Fan.  The girls in our Laurel class helped plan and make this party awesome!  They had such great ideas. 
Of the course the invites were delivered by an owl!
To enter the world of witches and wizards, each girl had to go through the brick wall at Platform 9 3/4.  I got a grocery cart from Albertson's and each girl had to push it through. (because of the great information Chelsi gave me, I was able to make this brick wall)  Each girl had to visit Olivander's to receive their wands.
On the way to getting sorted, Professor Trelawney told their fortunes.  The amazing Sorting Hat put each girl into their different Houses.
This is Hermoine's wand.  It is owned by Chelsi.  She was generous enough to let me borrow it for the party.
Hedwig was one of the guests at the party.
This great spider bracelet has nothing to do with Harry Potter,  I just had to have it.  . 
How fun to have two of my nieces in Young Women's with me.  Hailey was Bellatrix and Audrey was Luna.  I was Professor McGonagall.  We had a Harry Potter Trivia Game, a Scavenger Hunt, and yummy treats. 

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

That is so funny. I figured the Harry Potter thing had worn off, but it's alive and well in your part of the world. Haha

little pink moth said...

Rochelle, everything came out great! I wish I could have been there. P.S. my spider bracelet broke. WAAA. I will be hot gluing it back together soon.