Sunday, November 6, 2011

Disneyland 10-30-11 to 11-3-11

I am turning "50" this year. I told Clilnton that I wanted him to take me to Disneyland for my birthday. So he did! We had a blast just being a kid again and doing something that makes me feel young. When we got to California, our first stop was to Joe's Crab Shack. Good place to eat.
Later that evening we drove to Newport Beach. We saw the tail end of the sunset. We also took our shoes off and walked along the beach. This was a fun thing to do.
Day 1 at Disneyland: we visited the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain
We took a walk through Tarzan's Tree house, went on the Jungle Cruise and one of my favorites Indiana Jones Temple of Doom!
Just for kicks we visited Fantasy Land and rode the Carousel, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
Since it is Halloween today we got our picture in front of the Pumpkin Mickey. The park closed at 6:00 pm tonight. We decided to go have a nice dinner at McCormick and Schmick's. It was fancy and the food was delicious! We also went to the movie "Money Ball". We really enjoyed this movie.
Day 2 at Disneyland: We rode the Matterhorn roller coaster, the Submarine Ride, the Monorail and another favorite Star Tours.
Luckily we saw my favorite Disney Character! Tigger and I posing together.
We rode the raft over to Tom Sawyer's Island. Clinton coming out of the cave. By 4:00 we had seen and done everything we wanted to do, so we went to Newport Beach again for a picnic and a sunset.
We got to watch the whole sunset this time.
Our picnic dinner.
These birds were pretending not to see us, but they kept getting closer to try to get our food.
Day 3 California Adventures: I just had to take a picture of Clinton in front of this airplane. Then we rode the Soaring Over California Ride.
We just loved the Tower of Terror Ride! We rode it twice!
It was pretty scary! I loved every minute of it. Another favorite ride was the Toy Story Ride. You got to shoot at all of the different targets. It was so fun, we rode it twice too! The Grizzly water ride was awesome too.
We got lucky again and found Sully for this fun picture. When we were finished at California Adventures we went to down town Disney for souvenirs. I got a really cute Mickey Jacket and a Mickey and Minnie Salt and Pepper Shakers for my collection. This has been one great birthday present! We had a great time together doing something so fun!

1 comment:

little pink moth said...

I am so jealous. Disney is one of my favorite places. Happy Birthday, Rochelle!