Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Birthday - The big 50! 11-7-11

I can't believe that I am 50 years old! I have decided that it is the new 40. Somehow this helps me accept it. Chelsi and Clinton put together a nice birthday dinner for me on Sunday. Clinton cooked roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, and mixed vegetables. My Sisters-in-law brought the rolls, salad and green bean casserole. It was fun to have so many family members show up to help me celebrate. Chelsi asked me what kind of cake I wanted. I told her the Banana Split Cake. It looks fabulous and tasted delicious! She said she would not put 50 candles on the cake because she was afraid of all the second hand smoke that we would all have to breath. Ha Ha , she thinks she is so funny. She also is very worried that I might break a hip in my frail state. She better think again, because if I ever get a cane I will probably have to hit her with it!
Monday was my actual birthday. Courtnie, Kaden, Emma and Kimberly took me to lunch. The kids were really surprised that I did not choose to go to McDonald's. I chose to go to Millhollow instead.
The highlight was the detour to Florence's Chocolates. I just love dark chocolate! I enjoyed every one of them!
Later in the day my friend Angie Lewis took me to Cold Stone, my favorite ice cream place, for a delicious treat! The pumpkin ice cream with pecans and drizzled chocolate was to die for!
You can see how happy this makes me! Then we went to Plano to work on our ceramic projects.
Tonight Clinton took me to the movie "Footloose". We have been trying to go for quite sometime. This actually ends my week long birthday. It has been a very fun week!

2 comments:

little pink moth said...

Glad you had a good one!

thorkgal said...

Wow!!! That is quite the celebration. I think I am more impressed with the calories you consumed compared to your age. Hahah!!! I hope I look as good as you when I'M 50. ;)