Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fisherman's Breakfast and Decorating Graves - Memorial Day Weekend - May 27 & 28, 2011

The kick-off to the Memorial Day Weekend 2011 was attending the Fisherman's Breakfast in St. Anthony. Clinton, Tyson and I went Friday morning at 6:30am. This was so fun for us, because we haven't done this for a few years. Like always, it was cold but the food was good. Food always taste better outside. On Saturday morning Tyson, Courtnie, Kaden, Emma, Clinton and I went to decorate graves. We started at the Sugar City Cemetery. Grandpa and Emma put the flowers on Clinton's Grandma and Grandpa Arnold's graves.
Kaden was very interested in all the flags honoring the Veterans. He kept pulling them out of the ground. The Rexburg Cemetery was our next stop. Courtnie wanted to visit her Grandma and Great-Grandma's graves.
Tyson is putting the flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Hedelius' graves. They are located in the Little Butte Cemetery in Annis.
Brock, Carrie and Chelsi met us at the Plano Cemetery. We put flowers on Grandma and Grandpa Chandler's grave, Clinton's baby sister's grave and......
Clinton's Parent's graves.
Love this picture of the horse and buggy on the back of Bud and Millie's headstone. They got it done in time for Memorial Day.
Our final stop is the Wilford Cemetery. My Dad, Uncle Bill and My Grandma & Grandpa Barrett are buried there. Chelsi is putting the flowers on my Dad's grave.
Kaden is using his tape measure to measure My Dad's headstone.
My Grandma & Grandpa Barrett, Uncle Bill and My Dad's headstones. This is a tradition for our family every Memorial Day.

1 comment:

little pink moth said...

Wish I could have been there.