Friday, May 6, 2011

Books I have been reading

Since our move, I have found myself with a little downtime. So I have turned to one of my favorite hobbies, which is reading. For our ward book club, I read "The Great Gatsby" I love the way he wrote. I am getting the movie from the Library today to watch it. This book "Letters for Emily" was really good. I cried happy tears at the end. This next book, "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" , was also a good read. It was about things that happened in World War II to the American Japanese people that I never heard of. Sometimes our country does things that I just don't understand. I enjoyed the book, it opened my eyes and I did cry happy tears at the end again.
I love reading! I like learning new things and I like reading different types of books. To me, it is so fun to discuss a book that I have read. The book club that I have joined is really great. The other night we had a great discussion. I enjoy the different points of view the others bring.

2 comments:

thorkgal said...

Thanks for sharing. I liked Letters for Emily too. You'd like to read, if you haven't already... "Tending Roses."

little pink moth said...

We read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" for our book club also. I recently read "Unbroken". It's about WWII but from a completely different point of view. You might like it.