Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend May 2013

On Friday, to begin this fun filled weekend, we met Dale and Kelly Harding and Jamie, Darla and Bryce for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the City Creek Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The weather was warm and we walked around the mall after dinner.  Isn't this a great view of the Temple in the background?
Saturday morning, bright and early in Tooele, Clinton, Jamie and Bryce are ready for their bike ride.  Darla and I spent the morning talking and shopping.  Clinton felt like he made good time on his ride, he rode for 58 miles.
Clinton told me that for Mother's Day we get to stay in the Grand America Hotel!  Wow!   I really felt spoiled after this weekend.  It sure is a lovely room and Clinton had these pretty flowers waiting for me when we got there.  He said that my gift is a shopping spree at City Creek and Gateway.  It doesn't get any better than this.  We even visited the spa.  Clinton had a massage and I had a pedicure.
Sunday morning we ordered in room service.  By the end of this trip, I felt like a million bucks! 
We attended the Mother's Day "Music and the Spoken Word" at the Tabernacle on Temple Square.  We got there early enough that we were on the 4th row from the stage, these were great seats.
For lunch we had the Mother's Day Brunch at the Grand America.  It was delicious!  Clinton is so thoughtful and made me feel very special today.  It was nice to hear from my children and grandchildren today also.  I had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments: