Sunday, April 28, 2013

GFWC State Convention April 19, 20 2013

I belong to the GFWC (General Federation Women's Club), it is a nation service organization.  Here in our town it is known as The Rexburg Civic Club.  I am the 2nd Vice President.  I am in charge of membership.  It was pointed out to me that I am the youngest person here.  Our club is involved in many service activities in our community.  We help with collecting donations for the Women's Crisis Center, the Teddy Bear Clinic, Planting flowers at the Tabernacle, the Art & Poetry Contest and the Community Spelling Bee.  I really enjoy the women and the service aspect.  Our State Convention was held in Burley, Idaho.

Back Row:  Leola Erikson, Mauri Barton, Rochelle Arnold
Front Row:  Linda Flamm, Susan Landon (President), Deanna Wade
Here is just one of the fun activities we got to participate in, "The Chicken Fling".  I bet you wish you got to fling the chicken?!!

No comments: