Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

It has been a pretty low key weekend for us. I spent most of my time canning and Clinton worked and went on a horse ride Monday with his brother Bruce and Tyson.Clinton and Tyson getting ready to leave for the horse ride today. This is a well deserved activity for them.
We got the best tasting peaches from Washington. I put up 14 quarts, and made a fresh peach pie, it was to die for!
These beans are from the second picking in our garden, there are still more to come. I canned 15 pints here.
I got some apples from our friends, the Redds. I canned 9 pints of apple butter, so yummy! I just love going down into my storage room and seeing all the fruits of my labor. We have been so blessed this fall in abundance!

2 comments:

little pink moth said...

Yum. Yum. Yum. (Those are jealous yums.)

thorkgal said...

I love canning and looking at all the goodies on the shelves. I didn't get to can this summer and I miss it. Enjoy.