Sunday, August 2, 2015

Visiting Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts May 2015

Janet and I had a sisters trip back East.  We visited Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.


My flight took me through the Chicago Airport.  I had about a 3 hour layover so I decided to find a good place to eat.  I stumbled onto this little gem and decided to eat here.  I had the butternut squash soup.  It was soooo delicious!  I couldn't believe I found this fancy of a restaurant in an airport. 



Today,  we visited the birthplace of Joseph Smith.


The sister missionary told us that at Dartmouth College they had a 1st edition Book of Mormon that we could look at.  We were able to go check it out because the College was close to our hotel.


Tonight we attended the King Arthur Cooking School.


Janet and I in baking mode.


I can now make a lemon tart!  It was absolutely delicious!  I am now on the hunt for a tart pan.


We also made these little Madeline's!  The theme of the class was "lemon".  These were also delicious!


We attended this Women's Conference in Boston, Mass.  At the opening event, we listened to Stephanie Neilson speak.  She was very good.  Also Elder Jeffery R. Holland dropped by to say hello because he was in the area.  It was a very uplifting event.


While in Maine, we ate at a cute little restaurant and had their crab stew.  Yummy!  We spent the rest of the day shopping the outlets in this little town.  Every shop was in a house in this charming village.  We had a great time!  I am looking forward to more of these adventures!

No comments: