Friday, June 8, 2012

Memorial Day 5-28-12

Every Memorial Day we visit the cemeteries where our loved ones are laid to rest.  This is a tradition that we have carried on for years.  I love thinking about them and remembering about their lives.
I love having the flag put in our front yard.
We start by visiting the Sugar Cemetery.  Clinton's Grandma and Grandpa Arnold are buried here.
Next stop is the Wilford Cemetery.  This is my Dad's headstone.
We always put flowers on my Uncle Bill's grave.  He is my Dad's brother, he is a veteran and he has no family around here.
My Grandma and Grandpa Barrett are also here.  The orange flowers remind me of my Grandma, Vera.
Then we travel to the Plano Cemetery.  This is Clinton's older sister, she died at birth.
Clinton's parents are here also.
This is Clinton's Grandma and Grandpa Chandler.
Our last stop is the Little Butte Cemetery in Annis.  My Grandma and Grandpa Hedelius are buried here.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

I LOVE this post. Next time put a brief memory of each person, if it's not to personal. That is my favorite part of going to the cemeteries with my mom, hearing quick stories of the person we are honoring. I haven't been able to do this for a few years. I didn't know that I missed it.