Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Courtnie's vacation to AZ. - March 7 - 11, 2011

My daughter-in-law, Courtnie, came to visit. We drove from Salt Lake to Phoenix on Monday, March 7th. We hit a huge snow storm from Provo to Cedar City. It was pretty exciting for a little while. Once we got here, we hit the ground running. On Tuesday, we had lunch at Paradise Bakery. If you haven't eaten here, I recommend it.
Then we were off to the movies. We saw the show "Beastly". It was a great chick flick.
I had to introduce Courtnie to Charming Charlies. As you can see we found some great items. So we are modeling them for you. I love this ring!
Courtnie found this great hair accessory. The feathers are fabulous! She also hit the jackpot and got some great deals on some lovely jewelry.
On Wednesday, we went to the Mesa Temple and did initiatory work. This is the 3rd Temple we have been to in a week. Pretty awesome!
Then we came home and ate our lunch outside on the back patio. The weather is completely awesome! It is in the upper 70's.
I just love having a picnic and someone to share it with!
After lunch we went to the pottery store. Wow! I had forgotten what an artist Courtnie is. She made the cutest little "getaway" jar.
I made a very colorful pie plate. I can't wait to use it. This was a fun thing to do.
Of course we had to have a cold stone to help us enjoy the lovely weather.
On Thursday we had lunch at Mimi's. Then we went to Castles and Coasters to play some miniature golf. I guess I have lost my touch. Courtnie beat me soundly. I just love miniature golf. On Friday I took her to the airport to fly back to Idaho. It was fun to have her here for the week.

1 comment:

thorkgal said...

I'm in Idaho right now, have been to lunch with friends, seen my sis... and do you think I remembered to pull out my camera? NO. I should have, and this is a great example why.
Good job.